[c-nsp] PFR Question

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Thu Mar 25 14:59:29 EDT 2010

1)
On PE1
 vrf description customer
  rd 1:1
  route-target both 1:1
  route-target import 1:2
On PE2
 vrf description customer
  rd 1:2
  route-target both 1:2
  route-target import 1:1

In a multipath instance PE1 will install the Equal Cost route with rd 1:1
first, using 1:2 as a secondary path only. Opposite on PE2.

2)
Could use different VRF's. Just like dual carriers. A key concern is a dual
failure, site 1 on network 1 and site 2 on network 2. The customer will need
to provide a path between the two networks via one of their sites.

David

--
http://dcp.dcptech.com