[c-nsp] PFR Question

rizal shaharurrizal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 20:08:13 EDT 2010

I believe the feature that should match your requirement are

1. To counter IOS deficiency where BGP is not event-driven, use BGP
Selective Address Tracking - introduce in 12.4(4)T, 12.2(33)SRB
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/ip_route/configuration/guide/brbadv.html
2. To install backup path for failover allows faster restoration of
connectivity if a primary path is invalid or is withdrawn, use BGP
(Prefix-Independent Convergence) PIC Edge for IP and MPLS-VPN -
introduce in 12.2(33)SRE
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute_bgp/configuration/guide/irg_bgp_mp_pic_ps6922_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

My 2 cents,
/Rizal