[c-nsp] PBR support on 6500 w/ VSS and on 4500 Sup6L-E

Church, Charles Charles.Church at harris.com
Wed Mar 24 15:15:46 EDT 2010

Anyone,

	Been looking around on Cisco's web site, trying to find out if PBR
(policy based routing) is supported on a VSS pair of 6500s and also on the
new 4500 Sup6L-E.  What I'm trying to accomplish is based on source address,
send traffic either via a normal path or use an alternate next hop (I need
to force certain traffic types through a FW, security mandate).  The 4500 is
on the other side, and needs to PBR the return traffic, using opposite
source/dest pairs.  I didn't find anything that definitively said yes or no.
Software advisor leads me to believe it exists in Enterprise Services for
the 4500, but that image is for the Sup6-E as well, not sure if the feature
is really there for the 'L' version.  Just want to make sure.

Thanks,

Chuck