[c-nsp] PBR support on 6500 w/ VSS and on 4500 Sup6L-E

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Wed Mar 24 15:58:37 EDT 2010

Chuck,

For 6500 (with or without VSS) you can find some PBR information here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/con
figuration/guide/layer3.html

For 4500, look here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/53SG/conf
iguration/pbroute.html
(It has some specific references to SUP6E, but not only).

One thing you should do on the 6500 at least (never tested it on a 4500)
is to use something like this for next-hop tracking (track could be not
just for line-protocol, but other things):

track 1 interface GigabitEthernet3/1 line-protocol
 delay up 15
!
track 2 interface GigabitEthernet3/2 line-protocol
 delay up 15
!
route-map test2 permit 10
 match ip address 100
 set ip next-hop verify-availability 10.2.3.3 10 track 1
 set ip next-hop verify-availability 10.2.2.3 20 track 2

Arie