[c-nsp] Unified IOS (15.x) and feature based licensing model

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Wed Mar 24 16:14:15 EDT 2010

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:40:49 -0700, you wrote:

>> You may want to look at Cisco License Manager (www.cisco.com/go/clm)

> Suppose you're at a site and need to replace a defective router - and
> you have no internet access until it is replaced...

There are other means of enabling the licenses than using CLM. You can
also do that from the CLI, for example.

Also, if everything fails (e.g. you don't have access to the licens
files), you can activate a 30-day evaluation license, get things up
and running, and clean up afterwards.

> Also, you *do* realize that CLM is a MS Windows app.

No, I didn't. The data sheet says Solaris and Red Hat too.

-A
PS: I'm not saying I love licenses, certainly not. I'm just saying
that at least some of the things that normally make them unbearable
have actually been handled.