[c-nsp] ME3400 switches - internals?

McDonald Richards mcdonald.richards at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 01:04:28 EDT 2010

In defense of the ME3400 (and believe me I've had enough issues with them to
not like them as much as this email may suggest) - it's a metro ethernet
switch and craps all over the EX4200 if you're delivering ethernet services
to customers that require OAM or CFM. I think you'll find that price-wise it
also sits a lot closer to the EX3200 which also lacks anything resembling
metro ethernet/carrier ethernet features.

It's TX buffers on the other hand..........