[c-nsp] CRC16 in 'show cont fia' on GSR 12810

Sascha E. Pollok nsp-list at pollok.net
Wed Mar 31 13:31:22 EDT 2010

Hello Drew,

> Slot:     18         19         20         21         22
> Name:    sfc0       sfc1       sfc2       sfc3       sfc4
>       --------   --------   --------   --------   --------
> los    0          0          0          0          0
> state  Off        Off        Off        Off        Off
> crc16  2          2          2          0          2
>
> is it normal to see crc16s on the connection between the LCs and the SFCs?

we have also seen those coming up from time to time. However,
if those are not increasing, the cause might simply be a CSC
failover, linecard insertion (don't know for sure) or whatever.
2 crc16 errors should not do harm. We saw those constantly increasing
when we had a faulty CSC in a 12008.

Sascha