[c-nsp] CRC16 in 'show cont fia' on GSR 12810

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Wed Mar 31 15:52:54 EDT 2010

My usual plan of attack is to capture "execute on all show controller
fia".  If all the linecards are seeing incrementing CRC16s to the same
SFC then the SFC is likely the problem.  If only one linecard is seeing
CRC16 errors to one or more SFCs then I would suspect the linecard or
how well is seated in the chassis.  A bad CSC or bent slot pins can
create problems very difficult to diagnose.  Next steps if you can't
isolate to a specific SFC / linecard would be to switch the master CSC
and then try moving the linecard to another spare slot.

Clinton.