[c-nsp] CRC16 in 'show cont fia' on GSR 12810

Sascha E. Pollok nsp-list at pollok.net
Wed Mar 31 16:12:45 EDT 2010

> My usual plan of attack is to capture "execute on all show controller fia".
> If all the linecards are seeing incrementing CRC16s to the same SFC then the
> SFC is likely the problem.  If only one linecard is seeing CRC16 errors to
> one or more SFCs then I would suspect the linecard or how well is seated in
> the chassis.  A bad CSC or bent slot pins can create problems very difficult
> to diagnose.  Next steps if you can't isolate to a specific SFC / linecard
> would be to switch the master CSC and then try moving the linecard to another
> spare slot.

Exactly. If there is the chance, I'd play with the CSCs/SFCs.
Pull one out, put back in, pull out another one etc.
And as suggested, gather sh contr fia from all LCs and try
to find a pattern that reveals the source of the problems.

Done that a few times and it always led somewhere.

Pay attention not a pull one more SFC when you are already
in non-redundant fabric mode.

Sascha