[c-nsp] FWSM ASR-GROUPS in transparent mode

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at princeton.edu
Thu May 6 11:37:35 EDT 2010

We have FWSM running in transparent mode in a 6500 with sup-720 with 3 ISP connected to its OUTSIDE connections.
Version 4.0(6)

Trying to understand exactly what happens when ASR kicks in.

 Doc stated... To see ASR info do ... sho interface detail   but there is nothing indicating any ASR info.

All 3 OUTSIDE interfaces have an ASR-GROUP of 1 and all 3 INSIDE have ASR-GROUP of 2.

When an interface has a connection in its table and the return path changes from that interface to another, I assume the FWSM looks for the corresponding connection
in one of the other ASR member interfaces.

What we see sometimes is that the connections does not fall back if route changes again back to the original interface and therefor the connection fails until we
clear the connection table.   We only run across this when an ISP does maintenance.

Is there any timers for the ASR transition?

Stumped  ?;~(

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network & Communications Systems
Princeton University