[c-nsp] vlan + mpls + mtu

Matteo Abrile m.abrile at itelsi.com
Thu May 6 15:18:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have 2 Cisco 6503, the first one in Italy and seconth in Germany connect by L2 Vlan by other carrier. This carrier have port connect to me with mtu 1500.
I would come up mpls between this 2 router but usually I use mpls between cisco but with dark fiber and so I can set mtu as I want. In this scenario how can I set mtu ??
Now I set, mtu 1500, ip mtu 1500 and mpls mtu 1500 but I feel with when I'll come up EoMPLS we have some problem. Now when I setup mpls with 2 cisco and dark fiber set mtu to 1518 and all seems work fine but I havan't experience in this scenario.
Thanks

Matteo