[c-nsp] vlan + mpls + mtu

Florin Florian florin.florian at gmail.com
Thu May 6 16:12:04 EDT 2010

Hi Matteo,

There are some restriction applyed to EoMPLS:
MTU-EoMPLS does not support packet fragmentation and reassembly.
The ingress and egress routers must have the same MTU value.
The MTU of all intermediate links between endpoints must be sufficient to
carry the largest Layer 2 VLAN received.
Packet Format on EoMPLS are conform to the 802.1Q standard.

The minimum MTU size for Vlan should be set to 1522, 802.3 max frame size
1518 + 4 bytes for tagged frames.

Hope that help.
fflorin