[c-nsp] Obtaining MD signature

Rick Kunkel kunkel at w-link.net
Fri May 7 13:45:24 EDT 2010

Possibly OT, as it doesn't stricly pertain to networking... Apologies, if
regarded as such...

The SOLE copy I've got of s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF4.bin
resides on a TFTP server used for backup purposes.  This TFTP server
experienced disk issues a year or so ago, and I'm not convinced of the
file integrity for everything on it.  However, I'd like to possibly re-use
it in place of a newer, but less fully featured IOS that came on recently
ordered equipment.  At the very least, I'd like to discard it if
corrupted.

Cisco's site says, in multiple places:

"MD5 values are now made available on Cisco.com for all Cisco IOS software
images for comparison against local system image values."

It goes on to say that the best way to get this is to go into the site as
if about to download and to click on the filename to get the info.  As of
several years ago when our partner agreement expired, I can't download
IOSs... I just have some generic CCO access.  (I'm actually a little
unclear on how our access level has changed over the years, but I can
still login and use tools.)  I've tried anyhow, but the point at which it
will show you the MD5 must be beyond the point at which I now have access.

Am I missing something on their site?  Is it easy for one to obtain the
valid MD5 signature and I'm just missing it?

Apologies for anything boneheaded on my part.  We're a relatively small
network, and I deal with Cisco's ever-changing site as an authenticated
user every few years when we change things up in the network.

Thanks,

Rick