[c-nsp] Nexus 5000 / Nexus 2000 SFP+ with LRM

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Mon May 10 02:34:05 EDT 2010

On Sun, 9 May 2010 22:17:11 +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote
> On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 07:01:48AM +1000, Lincoln Dale wrote:
> > i doubt anyone has successfully deployed it as LRM is not supported on N5K
or N2K.
> > there are technical reasons behind why its not supported.
>
> Could you elaborate on that?

LRM SFP+ is just part of the stuff you need. For LRM to work, the switch
linecard must have appropriate EDC functionality. If it's not there, it simply
won't work.
(One more "thanks" to all people who thought that analog interface between SFP+
and linecard is a good idea...)

> On a similar topic, I'm still waiting for an explanation, why Cisco
> doesn't support SR XFPs in SPA-1X10GE-L-V2 when used in uBR10k
> systems... LR XFPs are fine though.

This is completely different situation, though. There's absolutely no reason
why SR (or any other MSA-compliant XFP) shouldn't work there, so the whole story
is that not enough customers asked for SR in this SPA.