[c-nsp] Huawei instead of Cisco

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue May 11 22:19:37 EDT 2010

On May 12, 2010, at 6:21 AM, Felix Nkansah wrote:

> The customer would have loved to go with Cisco 7609s, but is contemplating Huawei's because of their low prices.

7600/6500 have serious caveats with regards to NetFlow, uRPF, & ACL construction which eliminate them from serious consideration as edge devices, IMHO.

I've no hands-on operational experience w/Huawei gear, but have heard feedback from others that it's quite buggy and has stability issues.  YMMV.

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken