[c-nsp] Huawei instead of Cisco

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Thu May 13 07:31:34 EDT 2010

>What about the CPE side?  We have been offered Huawei devices to be
used
>as G.SHDSL.bis termination devices (on the CPE side), and they look
quite
>interesting - a Cisco 1841 with a SHDSL-WIC would also work, of course,

>but the WIC is just too expensive for a CPE...

We have a couple installed , and they have been very reliable although
with very basic configs.
It is a good sign that I can't even remeber where they were installed :)
In the end though we found that used/refurbed cisco was competative,
made our techs happier, and our customers prefer to see the cisco
bridge...

Brian