[c-nsp] circuit degradation/error simulator

Marcus.Gerdon Marcus.Gerdon at versatel.de
Wed May 12 09:59:43 EDT 2010

Hi all,

sorry for the not really Cisco-related topic, but the collected
expertise present on this list might once again be the solution.

For some testing I'm looking for a piece of software which is capable of
inserting various degradation and/or errors into a traffic stream.

The setup I thought of is setting up a PC with two NIC which passes
traffic between the interfaces. In the middle the software should be
able to generate packetloss, delay, jitter, fragmentation, reordering
and alike within the traffic stream passed on.

I didn't crawl through the depths of the internet dictionary (aka Google
:)) yet, but maybe someone can point to a piece to look at.

kind regards,

Marcus