[c-nsp] Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding - Loose Mode

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed May 12 12:43:57 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 12 May 2010 11:30:20 pm Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr
wrote:

> I am more concerned about the 7204VXRs equiped with
>  NPE-400s or NPE-G1s. I haven't been able to find docs on
>  the Internet related the URPF impact on performances.

We've had a couple of NPE-G1's/G2's and we run both loose
and strict mode uRPF on all customer-facing interfaces.
Works like a charm.

We have an NPE-G2 running close to 500Mbps @ 64% CPU
utilization. All traffic to/from this box goes through tons
of uRPF-enabled interfaces. No major drama.

IOS 12.2(33)SRC5.

Cheers,

Mark.