[c-nsp] vs. upgrading FWSM on Cisco 6500 from 3.1(13) 3.1(17)

Tony Varriale tvarriale at comcast.net
Sat May 15 10:46:02 EDT 2010

Assuming the secondary is running well and you are confident the config is
correct, you should make it active, then perform your upgrade procedure on
the primary.

There is no failover preemption.  So, if the secondary is active and the
primary comes up dead or blows up, no harm to your environment other than
you need to correct the redundant module.

As a side note, I haven't seen that issue on a minor version upgrade.  But,
I haven't seen 3.1.x in while.  The last 3.2.x I did worked great.

tv