[c-nsp] What is the secret of getting actual support?

William Byrd will at collier-byrd.net
Tue May 18 10:51:42 EDT 2010

We did go through three HTOMs before we ended up with our current
HTOM. I'd say with our current HTOM the service is well worth it. She
actively monitors all of our open TAC cases and pushes them with our
HTE to resolution. YMMV with the program, ours certainly has, but
right now I'd say we're receiving the best service I've ever had from
Cisco in 12 years of dealing with them.

Dinging the TAC on all of the surveys and especially on the Walker
Surveys makes a huge impact and often can influence reviews and raises
for your account team. I filled out bad surveys for three years
straight before things really improved but Cisco started working right
away to find and fix the problems once the bad marks started coming in.

To your point about P1 / P2 cases, they may be resolved faster but
Cisco does seem to like to make it inconvenient to keep your cases at
those levels. You may have to stay on the phone or be available 24/7
to provide information for instance.

--
Will Collier-Byrd