[c-nsp] 7200 G1/G2 QoS/NBAR performance

Nick Celebic nick.celebic at cia.com
Mon May 31 10:23:46 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I was googling around on Friday, looking for some performance numbers.
The question is how much traffic can a NPE-G1/G2 pass while doing QoS.
I'm doing the standard internet transit mix of packet sizes.

I tried tagging 600Mb worth of traffic on a G1, and that brought the
routers to it's knees with 100% CPU.  Given that all QoS in a 7200 is
done in software, are there any ballpark numbers used to calculate how
much throughput you can get using QoS on these NPEs?

Thanks
--
Nick Celebic