[c-nsp] Best practices for Cat6500

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Nov 1 11:37:45 EDT 2010

On 01/11/10 14:09, Phil Mayers wrote:

> That seems like a bit of a dangerous "feature" to introduce with no
> warning, if that's what's really happening; what if you have a complex
> multi-edit sequence to go through when rebuilding a route-map?
>
> I'm not seeing the behaviour - a quick test on an eBGP peer locally
> doesn't do this on our SXI4a box. Can you show some BGP config?

Bah, my mistake - now I see it. It happens when you *edit* a route-map
on a peer, but not when you first add the route-map.

This is seriously crummy; if you do this:

route-map TEST 10
   set community 65000:1
router bgp 65000
   neighbour 192.168.1.1 route-map TEST in
route-map TEST 5
   ! at this instant, the community disappears from the route!!!

This was not how I thought IOS was defined to behave. Can anyone confirm
this?