[c-nsp] Looking for router recommendation to handle 10GE

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Mon Nov 8 13:26:37 EST 2010

On 08/11/2010 17:04, Mack McBride wrote:
> The lack of hardware IPv6 uRPF is an issue.  I doubt this can be fixed in software.

nope, it can't.  This is a hardware problem.

> Properly configuring CoPP is a black art.  I have done two major CoPP rollouts
> and there are a lot of caveats on the configuration side.

Uh, your use of "properly" here suggests that there is a "proper" way to
configure CoPP on the platform.  I'd suggest that there are just better and
worse ways, that "better" is very subtly different from much worse, that in
many cases it's hardware version dependent, and in all cases it requires
that you know about how all of the various components of CoPP interact with
each other (e.g. rate limiter peculiarities, vanilla CoPP, egress ACLs and
glean/punt behaviour).  As you say, it's quite the black art.

Nick