[c-nsp] Leaking global into VRF

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Nov 9 01:18:02 EST 2010

Jason,

> I'm trying to lab up a scenario where I can leak routes from the
global
> table into a VRF, but I'm running up against an issue and I'm hoping
someone
> here can point out where I might be misstepping.
>
> My P router is also my peering router.  That is, in addition to it's P
> duties, it also speaks eBGP to another autonomous system.  I want to
take
> the eBGP learned prefixes and import them into a VRF.  This part seems
> work, but the issue is that the adjacent PE doesn't seem to see the
prefix
> that has been imported.  The PE sees the global entry, but it doesn't
see
> the prefix in the vpnv4 AF for the VRF in question.

This looks expected as a PE router (your peering router) importing a
prefix from another VRF (or from global in your case) into a VRF never
exports this prefix from the importing VRF into vpnv4. So in your case,
you need the "import ipv4 unicast map VRF-IMPORT" on all PE routers
needing the prefix.

	oli