[c-nsp] CCO Login to ftp.cisco.com hosed [was Re: FYI: SXI5 posted]

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Tue Nov 9 06:15:20 EST 2010

On 9/11/2010 7:09 PM, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 12:34:41AM -0000, Antonio Soares wrote:
>> Anyone running SXI5 already ?
>
> I tried to download it yesterday, but the download manager thingie
> completely FAILed for me - after klicking about 10 times to tell it
> what I want (12.2S ->  12.2SX ->  switches ->  core switches ->  6500 ->...)
> it offered 12.4...

+1 here.  I've been "Waiting for www.cisco.com" now for oh, 3 or 4
minutes perhaps?  After a while their front end proxy responds with:

-----

Gateway Timeout
The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.
Reference #1.50d1a73b.1289300707.148f3cfe

-----

<sarcasm> Should I be logging a P1 TAC case to let them know? </sarcasm>

I find myself constantly in amazement that the world's largest and most
supposedly resourceful networking company can't seem to have a
functional reliable website.  The mind just boggles, and this sure isn't
the first time this has happened.

What's more while waiting for the server farm to work out how to serve
web pages I've discovered that my FTP access to CCO has now also been
lost so I can't get in that way either anymore.  I can log in with my
CCO login just fine but can't get into the /cisco directory to get at
the images.  Has anyone else recently lost their FTP access or was it
just me?

ftp> cd cisco
550 /cisco: Permission denied
ftp>

That most definitely used to work.

Why oh why do I get the feeling I am being strangled to death every time
I try to download software from here...........

Reuben