[c-nsp] CCO Login to ftp.cisco.com hosed [was Re: FYI: SXI5 posted]

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Nov 9 14:43:18 EST 2010

On Nov 9, 2010, at 2:31 PM, Gert Doering wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 01:04:15PM -0500, Edward Beheler wrote:
>> Someone over there does apparently read the comments when you rate your download experience:
>
> I'm not sure someone actually *reads* them, as opposed to "click on
> <insert standard reply>".
>
> It's not like "the whole experience is painful" can be described with
> a single screenshot.  More like "20 of them".

I have gotten responses, you need to pick the lowest setting for each and say it's "NOT POSSIBLE".  I have opened tac cases on this in the past.  It's funny watching the tac eng scramble as they actually need to open an internal helpdesk ticket.

I also am "mean" to TAC guys and make them wait to close a case until fixed software is available for download.

The following types of case statuses don't count against the TAC engineer either:

	Customer Pending
	Restoration of Service
	Software Release Pending

I'm convinced that the corporate culture will not change at this point without pain.  If someone from the software download team cares to bother to *explain* what they are doing, I'm more than willing to listen.  Using ITAR as an "excuse" isn't helpful, there need to be logical reasons.  I'm actually not 100% against the "Calling me a thief" when I download software, but it does annoy me when I have BU owned equipment, or demo gear I am fetching software for.  It also means I can't open cases on the website against those as well.

Cisco needs some true clue in this area that actually understand how networks are operated vs the colocated enngineer on-site that happen at the largest accounts to "work around" these availability issues of customer facing tools.

- Jared