[c-nsp] CCO Login to ftp.cisco.com hosed [was Re: FYI: SXI5 posted]

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Tue Nov 9 14:58:39 EST 2010

On 11/9/2010 2:31 PM, Gert Doering wrote:
> It's not like "the whole experience is painful" can be described with
> a single screenshot.  More like "20 of them".

I just downloaded a signature update for an ASA/AIP-SSM module, as one of ours won't
update itself "automagically".

Counting the login, and closing the window after the download, it was *14 clicks*
bypassing the download cart and download manager.

I love the greeting page on my long-bookmarked but now soon-to-be-retired software
download tab:

"*This page will be retired in the near future. Your New, Personalized Software Download
Experience <http://www.cisco.com/cisco/pub/software/portal/select.html?i=%21pm> is now
the main interface for software downloads."

*Oh joy, my new personalized experience...

Meanwhile, the "other" module does update itself "automagically" (AutoUpdate configured)
which means it's downloading the damned thing directly in some fashion that is hidden
from we lowly pawns.

Jeff
*

*