[c-nsp] CCO Login to ftp.cisco.com hosed [was Re: FYI: SXI5 posted]

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Nov 9 15:41:28 EST 2010

On Nov 9, 2010, at 3:20 PM, Jerry Bacon wrote:

> On 11/9/2010 11:58 AM, Jeff Kell wrote:
>> Meanwhile, the "other" module does update itself "automagically" (AutoUpdate configured)
>> which means it's downloading the damned thing directly in some fashion that is hidden
>> from we lowly pawns.
>
> Sounds like time to get a packet analyzer going and see what it's doing "under the covers".

I will say:

I have actually been able to get them to ultimately reveal the direct URLs in the UIs.  They did break their 'new' experience at one point where it hid it behind some javascript.  Also, if you get any files from the upload.cisco.com site, you may have troubles finding the direct link.  (I have even gotten them to ultimately fix bugs as well).

The problem is, nobody is accountable to the customer.  Hence the need for a customer advisory board or some such.

Maybe the "event" tomorrow will be enough to get their attention and realize they need to be responsive to customer feedback about the inhuman download process.

- Jared