[c-nsp] bgp holdtime adjustment

John Elliot johnelliot67 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 19:56:14 EST 2010

Hi,

We have 2 upstreams, in two seperate locations(both only advertising default route to us) - both of our edge routers have a floating static default to the other edge should we lose bgp - The problem we have is that if we lose one upstream, it is taking 180sec for that router to lose the bgp default route(So all connections terminating on that router are down for 3 minutes), and revert to floating static.

Is adjusting the neighbour timers someting to consider to reduce this downtime?

Thanks in advance.