[c-nsp] OIR on 7600s: Pretty much evil?

John van Oppen jvanoppen at spectrumnet.us
Thu Nov 11 17:02:53 EST 2010

I really think Geoffrey is onto the true cause.    I have never had a problem when inserting cards confidently.   It is also worth noting that while it does stall the bus, DFC forwarded traffic is unaffected.    We run 100% DFCs in all of our 6500s and the only traffic I have seen dropped during the brief stall is pings or routing updates towards the box, forwarded traffic keeps going along nicely.

It is also worth noting that SSO is similar on 6500/7600s, it really only works well when the box is all DFC based.

Thanks,
John van Oppen / AS11404