[c-nsp] LACP and UDLD ?

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Fri Nov 12 12:02:23 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz at princeton.edu>wrote:

I'm not sure they have the same function.  LACP will just drop the link from
the bundle.  After that you may have a bridging loop anyway, just on a
non-bundled port.  I can't remember exactly how LACP negotiation works, but
things get worse if only one side removes the UD link from the bundle.
 Also, I think UDLD reacts much faster than LACP.

If I am running LACP between two Cisco switches, will it detect a