[c-nsp] LACP and UDLD ?

William Cooper wcooper02 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 12:37:10 EST 2010

802.3ad / LACP will detect the forwarding failure and stop forwarding
over the affected links.

Regarding the speed of detection, there are two modes LACP can run in,
slow (30 seconds) and fast (1 second).
Both ends of the link need must run the same timers.

The other advantage is that it is an IEEE spec vs proprietary implementation.

Googling 802.3ad / LACP will result in a ton of reference material.

HTH,

-Tony