[c-nsp] Software Download Enhancements

Pavel Skovajsa pavel.skovajsa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 14:34:35 EST 2010

Hello all,
I have just received notification below.

-pavel

////////////////////////////////
Get Ready for Software Download Enhancements on Cisco Website

To improve your experience with Cisco and protect your investment in
Cisco Products, we’re pleased to announce the improvement of Software
download entitlement controls effective December 13, 2010.

In preparation for this change, we ask partners and customers to
complete the following actions before December 13, 2010.

Verify all applicable Cisco Products are covered under Cisco Service
contracts, and that you have a valid license for Cisco Software.
Verify your Services contracts are accurate and make necessary
corrections – serial numbers, part ID’s and locations must be accurate
on each Services contract.
Associate all Services contracts to applicable Cisco.com user ID’s
Verify all Cisco.com user IDs for your company are valid and properly
assigned to individuals in your company.

Starting December 13, 2010, software downloads on Cisco.com will be
verified against Products registered on your Services contract.
Attempts to download Software for Products not registered on your
Services contract will not be permitted.

In an effort to minimize entitlement issues, we encourage partners and
customers to directly manage Services contract associations to
Cisco.com user ID’s via the Service Access Management Tool (SAMT).
This tool enables administrators to manage which individuals are
allowed to request Service from Cisco (e.g. technical support/TAC,
hardware replacement/RMA).

Cisco.com users can use the Cisco.com Profile Manager to view which
Services contracts are associated to their profiles.

For additional information, please contact your Cisco account team or partner.