[c-nsp] MPLS TE tunnel and load-sharing via two P routers

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 04:49:57 EST 2010

Hi

I have small network consist 4 routers (all are VXRs, IOS
12.2(33)SRE2). PE1 is connected to P1 and P2 using STM-1 POS. PE-2 is
connected like PE-1 by STM-1 links to P1 and P2 routers. Core P1 and
P2 routers are interconnected by GigabitEthernet. Here is network
diagram:

    p1
   /|\
pe1 | pe2
   \|/
    p2

Are routers has iBGP, IS-IS, MPLS (LDP) and MPLS TE Tunnels enabled.
I established MPLS TE tunnels from PE1 to PE2 but traffic is going
only via path pe1->p1->pe2.

Can I configure something inside TE Tunnel configuration to use both
paths eg togeather (load-sharing):

pe1->p1->pe2 (75% bandwidth)
pe1->p2->pe2 (25% bandwidth)

If yes , how to do this ?

Below is  PE1 configuration:

r1-pe1#sh run int t0
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 396 bytes
!
interface Tunnel0
 description MPLS TE Tunnel do PE1->PE2
 bandwidth 300000
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 load-interval 30
 tunnel destination 172.16.10.4
 tunnel mode mpls traffic-eng
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng autoroute announce
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng priority 0 0
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng bandwidth 300000
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 10 dynamic

Robert