[c-nsp] MPLS TE tunnel and load-sharing via two P routers

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Nov 19 05:02:16 EST 2010

>     p1
>    /|\
> pe1 | pe2
>    \|/
>     p2
>
> Are routers has iBGP, IS-IS, MPLS (LDP) and MPLS TE Tunnels enabled.
> I established MPLS TE tunnels from PE1 to PE2 but traffic is going
> only via path pe1->p1->pe2.
>
> Can I configure something inside TE Tunnel configuration to use both
> paths eg togeather (load-sharing):
>
> pe1->p1->pe2 (75% bandwidth)
> pe1->p2->pe2 (25% bandwidth)
>
> If yes , how to do this ?

no, you can't load-share traffic within single TE tunnel over more than
one L3 path, RSVP/TE will send the LSP across one specific path.
If you want to load-share, configure multiple tunnels  between pe1 and
pe2. If you want to do unequal-cost load-sharing (as you indicated),
configure a different bandwidth, or use "tunnel mpls traffic-eng
load-share" to distribute the traffic accordingly. this will modify the
CEF hash results.

	oli