[c-nsp] Legitimate Access to IOS for Legacy/EOL devices

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Sat Nov 20 14:03:24 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 12:26:27PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> Now this might sound like a minor nit, but for us, it's major pains -
> whenever we put a new device under contract, it seems to end up having
> a new contract number, and then the whole team goes and spends non-trivial
> amount of time attaching this new contract number to their respective
> CCO accounts...
>
> This is all such a waste of human life time.

Add the manhours required for that to your TCO calculation for new gear
to be purchased. Let your sales contact know about it. Let your SE get
you images and open TAC cases for you.

CCO annoys me to such lengths that I didn't have an accessible CCO
account anymore for quite some time. It's broken for Firefox these days,
too (which I've discovered after approx 1 hour trying to download an
image).

And don't get me started about those new required "security questions"
for your CCO login, with predefined ultrasimple questions. This is where
a vendor shows how much clue about real security they have (or not).

</rant>

Regards,
Daniel