[c-nsp] WS-X6704-10GE and MPLS

Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr youssef at 720.fr
Sun Nov 21 12:17:28 EST 2010

Hello,

Thanks Pete. Yes, got access to it. Looks I'm hit by this bug :

*on bootup message "MPLS software is disabled on this linecard" displayed *
*Symptom:*

on bootup message MPLS software is disabled on this linecard displayed

on bootup following messages are seen

ZEAL#sh log | i MPLS
*Dec 10 16:15:00.551: %LFD-CFC7-6-RESOURCE: MPLS software is disabled on
this
linecard*Dec 10 16:20:07.063: %LFD-CFC7-6-RESOURCE: MPLS software is
disabled on this
linecard

*Conditions:*

message can be displayed on any line card with the functionality: "line
cards where MPLS related activity will not be handled MPLS software and they
are handled by MPLS h/w(handled by the centralized EARL)."

Example: CFC line card has such functionality.

On CFC line cards while bootup this message will be seen

*Workaround:*

message displaying changed to "MPLS supported in hardware forwarding only"

*Further Problem Description:*

So, purely cosmetic, right ? MPLS will still be handled by hardware ?

Regards.

Y.

2010/11/21 Pete Lumbis <alumbis at gmail.com>

> (replying all this time).
>
> If you have access to the bug toolkit also check out CSCsl72880.
>
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Pete Lumbis <alumbis at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I believe that this is because it's a CFC module. It's just telling
> > you that hardware forwarding won't happen on the linecard and will
> > happen on the RP.
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr
> > <youssef at 720.fr> wrote:
> >> The other LC hardware version is 2.9. Both LCs have standard CFC
> modules, no DFCs.
> >>
> >> Under CLI, I can see mpls commands and sub-commands.
> >>
> >> Just wanted to know the meaning of the message That's appeared in the
> logs, probably purely informational.
> >>
> >> Can anyone confirm for sure ?
> >>
> >> Y.

> ------------
>  12.2(33)SXH2 Ok

> accidentally install a dfc3a, it should be ok.

Youssef BENGELLOUN-ZAHR ………………………………………………
Ingénieur Réseaux et Télécoms

Technopole de l'Aube  en Champagne - BP 601 - 10901 TROYES  Cedex 9
Agence Paris : 6, rue Charles Floquet - 92120 MONTROUGE
Tel                 +33 (0) 825 000 720
Tel. direct      +33 (0) 1 77 35 59 14
Tel. portable  +33 (0) 6 22 42 63 80
Email            ybz at 720.fr