[c-nsp] BGP neighbor not establishing session

Lobo lobotiger at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 12:54:37 EST 2010

Well, we upgraded from 7206VXR NPEG1s to 7301 but the software went from
12.3(26) to 12.2(33)SRE1 as well.

The interfaces on both sides are all set to 9216 mtu but the path
between them is a lot less than that.  Another thing that a colleague of
mine pointed out was that the distance between these routers might be
something to look at.  The latency is around 85ms.

So even with the stuff above, it all seems to work with the older IOS
version but not the newer.

BTW, our routers are setup in a full ibgp mesh somewhat like this but
with a crisscross as well:

vanc-router1 -------------- toro-router1
vanc-router2 -------------- toro-router2

The vanc routers are running 12.3(33)SRE1.  They can establish an ibgp
session to each other with no problem.  Same thing for the toro
routers.  It was only the ibgp sessions from vanc to toro that were not
coming up.  Now that I've downgraded toro-router1 to 12.3(26), it has
established the sessions to vanc-router1 & 2.

Jose