[c-nsp] Untagged native VLAN...

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Nov 23 13:30:37 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 18:30 +0100, Elmar K. Bins wrote:
> > switchport mode access
> > switchport access vlan 402
> > switchport voice vlan 498
>
> Will try that - this sounds like the easiest way, although I dislike
> special constructs normally. But - this would allow me to keep the
> portfast setting which definitely helps when dealing with workstations...

In my opinion that's the correct way to do it. The other configuration
(trunk) means that the port isn't an Edge port. It gives you significant
up convergence for the port itself, but what is worse: any change in
link state on the port will trigger an STP topology change, which might
affect other parts of the network.

Also include "spanning-tree bpduguard enable" wherever possible. STP
BPDUs have no place on access ports.

--
Peter