[c-nsp] Alternatives to 3750 w/ Stackwise?

John Elliot johnelliot67 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 24 19:35:20 EST 2010

Hi,

We have an existing POP with 7200(G2) and a 3560 - The POP is growing a lot quicker than anticipated, and we have had to add another 3560 to accommodate new client eth connections...the 2nd 3560 is connected via PortChan to the 1st 3560(Not ideal).

Before the POP becomes unmanageable, we are looking at replacing the 1st 3560 with 2 x 3750's(Or another switch available that offers stackwise, but can accommodate a growing number of vlans(We currently have ~250-300 in use)), and then use the 3560's for access layer to clients(With the 3560's having dual(PortChan) connectivity  to each 3750.

2 Questions:
- Are there any alternatives to the 3750 that we should be looking at?(Given budget restraints, and also space(RU) limitations)
- We have a redundant 7200 onsite, that we manually "copy" the config to on each change...Is there a better(read "automatic") way to do this?(Not HSRP/GLBP as the 7200 has upstream connectivity via ATM and only single connectivity is available)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.