[c-nsp] packet loss when servers are brought online

Christopher Hobbs chris at altbit.org
Tue Nov 30 11:45:19 EST 2010

I'm not sure that this list is the best place to post, but given that the
issue involves a stack of 3750s, I figured I'd cover all my bases.  See the
following posts for reference:

http://serverfault.com/questions/207480/massive-packet-loss-when-servers-are-brought-online
http://serverfault.com/questions/203436

In a nutshell, anytime I bring one or both of two new servers (Dell
Poweredge R715 and 210) online, I start getting pretty severe packet loss
across the network.  Are there any obvious settings on the stack that I
might be missing?  The NICs on these machines aren't even identical.

The network is set up with two Juniper SRX240 routers with 3 networks.  Two
are VLANs on the Cisco stack; one internal and one storage network for iSCSI
(no layer 3 switching is being done on the stack). The other is a DMZ that
goes to a nondescript mini-switch.

Here are some bits of diagnostic information, for what it's worth.  I can't
seem to find any errors (not running out of memory, etc.) on the stack or
any bizarre configs...

https://gist.github.com/5332dc69205ae4ac869c
https://gist.github.com/0eea433a46dbd6e626ac

Thanks for your time!