[c-nsp] 4-byte ASN Support on 7600 SRE2

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 14:25:01 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Lobo <lobotiger at gmail.com> wrote:

>  We've been running 12.2(33)SRE1 since July on our gateway routers and
> haven't come across anything unusual.  These routers are our upstream
> transit connections running BGP/OSPF/LDP with dozens of eBGP sessions.
>
> Jose
>

> On 10/8/2010 12:43 PM, Gary T. Giesen wrote:
>
>> Is anyone running SRE2 (or 1) in production on their Cisco 7600s? Any
>> significant gotchas? Currently running SRD4 and I would like to gain
>> 4-byte ASN support..
>>
>> GG

The only thing giving us trouble with SRE1 is bug CSCtg19669 where interface
counters can stop updating in the output of 'sho int blah'. Using 'sho int
blah detail' will show the real counters.  It's mostly cosmetic, doesn't
affect traffic or SNMP counters, but a bother.  Should be fixed in SRE2.

--chip
--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....