[c-nsp] 4-byte ASN Support on 7600 SRE2

Steve Lalonde steve at enta.net
Fri Oct 8 14:49:50 EDT 2010

On 8 Oct 2010, at 17:43, Gary T. Giesen wrote:

> Is anyone running SRE2 (or 1) in production on their Cisco 7600s? Any
> significant gotchas? Currently running SRD4 and I would like to gain
> 4-byte ASN support..

SRE1 on several boxes with no show stoppers.
SRE2 caused a major LDP meltdown, LDP sessions flapping constantly seems to be caused by

mpls traffic-eng auto-tunnel backup

as soon as we removed that everything settled down. Waiting on TAC to find out why it failed.
All worked fine in my lab.

Currently doing the design work on manually configured FRR tunnels.

Steve