[c-nsp] Redistributing ipv6 static default route into eigrpfailure

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Thu Oct 21 09:24:14 EDT 2010

Cisco 6509/Sup720/MSFC3 running 12.2(33)SXI4

The only route redistribution we do (at least in our internal core network) is static -> eigrp, so that's why we never have had to modify the default metrics.

Again, the only issue to me is that the syntax allowed me to configure "redistribute static" and silently failed. In the past (with ipv4 eigrp), without specifying the metrics on that line or using default-metric command, IOS would redistribute the metrics with default settings. Either not allowing the command without specifying the full command line or using the default values would be fine, but accepting the command and then not working isn't okay.

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
http://www.ox.com  | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff  | Fax:   914-460-4139