[c-nsp] BGP support on the new ASA5585-X

Ge Moua moua0100 at umn.edu
Fri Oct 29 16:06:32 EDT 2010

we too have a need for Cisco firewalls to speak BGP, especially at some
our smaller mpls vrf borders; we get around this by running the Cisco
firewall in transparent mode (layer-2 mode) which allows for the bgp
sessions to be built without any layer 3 boundary on the firewall to
prohibit bgp sessions.

of course this doesn't address the need for bgp on the cisco firewall
but does provide a work-around for the lack of.

i too am would like to see bgp on cisco firewalls

--
Regards,
Ge Moua

University of Minnesota | OIT - NTS