[c-nsp] QOS question about cos

Edward Iong edward_iong_ at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 12:26:31 EDT 2010

Dear All,

I have two question which is about Cos.

Question 1

we are trying to classify each application use which dscp value: ef -> af1->af2->af3-> af4 -> de
more important application will be set as less dscp value.
for example:
ef = voice
af1 = SAP,
af2 = citrix
af3= voice signalling, snmp
af4=ftp
default = ntp

How we can use cisco command to identify the applications and mark the packet as its dscp value?
Question 2
each dscp value has reserved with a specific bandwidth.
If we want to set as if af1 bandwidth is used up and will need to borrow the next less important(af2) bandwidth, and if the af2 bandwidth is used up again, need to borrow the next less important application channel bandwidth. until it goes to default. If used default level and still not enough, packet will be dropped.
This means More important application can borrow to use less important application bandwidth
in Cisco, Can we set like this?
How this will be look like in cisco command?

Many Thanks,

Edward