[c-nsp] Cisco 7609, LR Transceiver for Short Distance Connection

Felix Nkansah felixnkansah at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:32:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have Long-Reach STM4 transceivers (can go up to 80km) in a Cisco 7600
router that is to connect to a transmission device that is just 10m away.

I also have Long-Reach tenGig X2 transceivers for connection to other
devices that are also just a few meters away.

I am told that using the LR for short distance connections would cause
problems, but we don't have time to order new transceivers.

Is there a way to set the transceiver interface on the 7600 to adjust to the
short distance? such as changing the transmission power or something?

Your suggestions please. Thanks.

Felix