[c-nsp] Cisco ASA 5510 Failover- Active/StandBy

Fourpros it fourprosit at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 07:57:43 EDT 2010

Dear experts,
I have  two Cisco ASA 5510, Model ASA5510-AIP10-K9 and ASA5510-CSC10-K9, now
the scenario is to do failover Active/Standby statefull.

On the Model Comparison Sheet of CISCO ASA5500 Series, mentioned that For
Failover on ASA 5510 required a Security Plus licenses and On Cisco ASA
Command Configuration Guide there mentioned Base licenses work required
Security Plus license for ASA 5505 only.
So in my case is it required to have Security Plus license or not???

Another for failover, both device should be identical but i have two
different model device- AIP and CSC. So for this if i remove the module AIP
and CSC from the devices will it be working for failover on normal base
firewall mode ASA.If there is any other method to fulfill this scenario then
please suggest me. Please provide any such procedure that made my Cisco ASA
5510 be used on fail over mode. It will be great help from the experts like
you.

Thank You

Regards,
Fourprosit