[c-nsp] Cisco 4900M Issue

Jirí Procházka jiri.prochazka at superhosting.cz
Tue Sep 14 13:05:55 EDT 2010

Hello list,

I'm having the very same problem as Jimmy.

We've got one 4900M (IOS 12.2(53)SG) in our production network and under
heavy load following message is appearing in the log ->

%C4K_SWITCHINGENGINEMAN-4-IPPLLCINTERRUPTFREELISTBELOWHIPRIORITYTHRESHOLD:
(Suppressed 148 times)IPP LLC freelistBelowHiPriorityThreshold interrupt

The more traffic is flowing over the switch, the more often this message
occurs.

All 8 non-subscribed ports are connected, each port is doing more than
6gbps. Besides these 'built in' ports we are using WS-X4908-10GE module, but
only 4 ports (1,3,5,7) are used.

So there are 12 ports (all in non-subscribed mode) connected. Each port is
pushing something between 6-9 gbps.

Whole traffic is routed (there are about 5-10 BGP links on that switch)

CPU ulitization is at normal level(15-25%). All ports should be wire speed,
so there shouldn't be any problem..but apparently is

Any help would be really appreciated!

Kind regards,

Jiri Prochazka