[c-nsp] Feedback on upcoming removal of FTP access to secured software

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Tue Sep 14 21:46:09 EDT 2010

 On 9/14/2010 6:53 PM, Rubens Kuhl wrote:
> If legal requires many confirmations before downloading software
> image, Cisco Online could have telnet access and X/Y/Zmodem file
> transfers. Very modern solution, indeed.

IPS images and signatures are behind the same "storefront", yet the
devices themselves can pull their own updates of both.

The "mechanics" of automated download are not only already there, they
are integrated 9into some of the product line.

I don't understand why "I" have to take a dozen clicks to download the
very same file.

To add insult to injury, the devices use MY login credentials!

Jeff